Monday, August 27, 2012

Inside “The Newsroom: The Greater Fool” (Video)

Here is a look inside the season finale of The Newsroom “The Greater Fool” with Aaron Sorkin. The episode was a nice wrap up to the first season. This series has a great premise and a good foundation. The downside is the dialog is often corny and at times, it’s stiff and unnatural (Olivia Munn as Sloan Sabbith, take note!). While I’ve never had disagreements with the opinions expressed in the soapbox topic of the week, the constant over-the-top preachiness can get tiresome. Their portrayal of women is also sorely out of balance with the male characters. (Any woman watching the show knows what I am talking about.)

“The Newsroom” stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Sam Waterston, Olivia Munn, John Gallagher, Jr., Dev Patel, Thomas Sadoski, and Alison Pill. (My apologies to Alison Pill; I spelled her last name wrong the entire season. I guess I’d make a bad fact checker in a real newsroom.)






Check out my blog home page for the latest information at I Like To Watch TV

No comments: