Monday, September 7, 2009

The New Fall TV Season: What I’ll Be Watching, Avoiding

It’s getting close to the start of the new fall season, so I thought I was a good time to list what network shows I will be covering. There are plenty of returning favorites, and as a result, I’m being relatively picky on what I add to my already busy viewing schedule.

Here is my list of what I’ll be watching this season:

Returning Shows
Bones
CSI (CBS)
CSI – NY (CBS)
CSI – Miami (CBS)
Fringe (Fox)
Heroes (NBC)
House (Fox)
Law & Order (NBC)
Law & Order SVU (NBC)
Lie to Me (Fox)
The Mentalist (CBS)
NCIS (CBS)
Numb3rs (CBS)
Southland (NBC)


New shows
NCIS Los Angeles (CBS)
FlashForward (ABC)




I may watch
The Good Wife (CBS)
Trauma (NBC)

I Think I’ll Pass (a partial list)
The Jay Leno Show (NBC)
Mercy (NBC)
Three Rivers (CBS)


I’ll be selecting a few shows from this list each week where I will provide reviews of new episodes. Of course, I plan on continuing to provide full recaps and reviews of all the new episodes of Law & Order and Law & Order SVU on my blog All Things Law And Order.

I am adding “NCIS Los Angeles” to the list because the original recipe NCIS has been an enjoyable show and I hope that this new spawn will follow suit. “FlashForward” sounds interesting, and I always like a show that poses a complex mystery. Hopefully, it won’t get too mired in the mystery as “Lost” did, which seemed to get too complicated for its own good.

As you can see, reality shows and comedies are absent from my list; I’ve never been a big fan of either genre. I will be giving “The Good Wife” and “Trauma” a look, but will cut them loose quick if they don’t grab me right away.

I won’t be watching “Three Rivers” for the simple reason is that it is set in Pittsburgh, a city to which any respecting Clevelander is allergic. The ads for NBC's nurse drama "Mercy" completely turned me off. I also have no plans on watching Jay Leno’s new show, unless I hear wonderful things about it, or I am bored to death and desperate to watch something (don't expect that to happen). As I was never compelled to watch Leno when he was on the Tonight Show, there really isn’t much to motivate me to tune in at 10:00 PM to watch him, much less watch him every night. Considering the fact that there seems to be a decent number of other things to watch at 10:00 PM, Jay may simply be a casualty of a lack of time on my part to watch.

It looks like a great season and I’m looking forward to being glued to the TV!

All Text Content (Recaps, Review, Commentary) © iliketowatchtv.blogspot.com unless otherwise noted

Check out my blog home page for the latest information, at I Like To Watch TV, here.

No comments: